November 2-15, 2018
Small Group Adventure curated by Rose of the Winds Travel
Our Heads Above the Clouds / 14-Day Tour
‘Discover Nepal’ is an intimate travel experience which includes all the must visit destinations. You will journey to the heart of Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur each rich with UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World heritage sites. Pokhara, deservedly one of the most popular destinations in Nepal; Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha; and Chitwan, a World Heritage Site natural jungle paradise, home to a large wildlife population including Rhinos and Tigers; plus 932 square kilometers of forests, marshlands and rippling grasslands. Himalayan views abound.
Route: Bhaktapur – Nagarkot – Dhulikhel – Lumbini – Chitwan – Namo Buddha – Pokhara – Kathmandu
- Visiting Nepal’s Natural and Cultural Treasures including 7 UNESCO declared World Heritage sites.
- Experience views of the highest mountains in the world in four different locations.
- Beautiful Sunrises & Sunsets with spectacular mountain range view from Nagarkot, Pokhara and Namo Buddha.
- Jungle Safari at Chitwan National Park
- Visit the birthplace of Lord Buddha.
- In-Depth Dialogues with traditional artists and musicians, sustainable gardeners.
- Nepali cooking lesson
- Add-on Optional activities include Paragliding, Everest Mountain Flight, Annapurna Trek, Ghorepani/Poon Hill Trek.
Day 1 (11/2): Kathmandu & Patan Temples & Markets
Overnight in Bhaktapur-Shiva House #2
10:00 AM – Visit Swayambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu & Patan Durbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa Durbar
Drive to Bhaktapur
Day 2 (11/3): Tour Bhaktapur
Overnight in Bhaktapur -Shiva House #2
Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square including in-depth dialogues with traditional craftspeople and musicians.
Day 3 (11/4): Continue Exploring Bhaktapur
Overnight in Nagarkot-Peaceful Cottage
Drive to Nagarkot; enjoy Fire Tower Hike & Magnificent Vistas
Day 4 (11/5): Dhulikhel Sustainable Living Experience
Overnight in Dhulikhel -Himalayan Sunrise
Early Morning – View Sunrise over the Himalayas
Drive to Himalayan Sunrise. Enjoy afternoon garden tour, farm-to-table dinner and Nepali cooking lesson
Day 5 (11/6): Hike to Namo Buddha (4 hr)
Overnight in Monastery Namo Buddha
Attend Pujas and Explore Namo Buddha Monastery, Dine with the Monks
Day 6 (11/7): Hike to Panauti & Drive to Chitwan
Overnight in Chitwan-Safari Lodge
After Morning Puja and Breakfast – Hike to Panauti (4 hr) & Drive to Chitwan
Day 7(11/8): Chitwan National Park
Overnight in Chitwan-Safari Lodge
Tharu Village tour, Jungle walk, Bird watching, Visit Elephant Breeding Center
Tharu Cultural Dance & Music Performance
Day 8 (11/9): Jungle Safari Activities (Full Day)
Overnight in Lumbini
Canoe ride in Rapti River & Jungle Safari
Day 9 (11/10): Lumbini Sightseeing (Birthplace of Gautama Buddha)
Visit Japanese Stupa, Chinese Stupa, Ashoka Pillars, Vietnam Stupa, Buddha’s birthplace, Mayadevi Temple +
Day 10 (11/11): Drive to Pokhara
Overnight in Pokhara-Hotel Orchid
Day 11 (11/12): Pokhara
Boating on Lake Phewa, Peace Pagoda Hike, Explore Pokhara on your own.
Day 12 (11/13): Pokhara
Overnight in Pokhara-Hotel Orchid
Sarangkot hill for sunrise and view the Himalayan ranges. Optional: Paragliding Adventure
Day 13 (11/14): Drive to Kathmandu
Overnight in Kathmandu-Hotel Access
Day 14 (11/15): Transfer to Airport
Flight Time: You will be free until your flight time. We will deliver you to Kathmandu Airport 2 hours before your flight (a 30-minute drive from your hotel).
Friends & Early Bird Savings $1375
$325 Deposit due before 1/30/18
February 1, 2018 $1525
$325 Deposit due before 4/15/18
April 16, 2018 $1650
$325 Deposit due at time of registration
June 30, 2018 Final Payments Due
*Prices based on double occupancy. Single supplement, add $225
- All Govt. Taxes
- Private Vehicle with Driver for all transportation & sightseeing
- Hotel on twin sharing room with breakfast (Hotels are based on availability)
- Local Guides – Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Chitwan, and Village to Village Hikes.
- In-Depth Dialogues with traditional Craftsmen, Musicians, and Sustainable Gardeners.
- Nepali Cooking Lesson
- Jungle Activities – Local Guide in Chitwan, Jungle Tour, Boat Ride, Jeep or Elephant Safari
- All Meals at Chitwan
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Monument Entrance Fees
- Lunch & Dinner unless otherwise listed
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square – NPR 1500
- Kathmandu Durbar Square – NPR 750
- Patan Durbar Square – NPR 500
- Devi’s Falls – NPR 30
- Gupteshwar Mahadev Cave – NPR 100
- Mountain Museum in Pokhara – NPR 400
- Boat transfer across Phewa Lake for Peace Pagoda Hike – NPR 1200 per boat round trip
- Lumbini -NPR 200
- Personal Expenses
- Airport Transfers unless during the allotted time periods.
Optional: Paragliding, Annapurna Trek (8 Days), Ghorepani/Poon Hill Trek (3-4 days), Everest Flight
Nepal Visa: For foreign national, a visa is issued upon arrival at Kathmandu Airport (Bring a copy of passport main page & 2 passport size photographs. Fee: USD 25 for 15 days.)
- This small group tour for 8-10 participants is rated Comfort Adventure. Our nationally licensed driver will transport us in our private touring vehicle. Following our itinerary and allowing for flexibility as dictated by weather, road conditions and the unforeseen, this tour is carefully designed to offer us the best of Nepal’s unique cultural and natural treasures.
- Daily activities meet individual needs. Our more active participants will be given time to explore and hike while others will have photography and simpler walks available for their enjoyment.
- Everyone is encouraged to book their flights arriving at KTM Airport on November 1 so that you can be ready for the tour start on November 2 at 9:30 am.
- This tour is limited to 10 participants, in addition to myself and my husband Tom. Please share this information your friends and help fill our group.
- Air should not be purchased until the group is confirmed.
- Hotels are currently being reserved. A full list of hotels will be available May 30. I am requesting several that we stayed in our last two visits.
- Confirmed participants will receive a complete information package of everything you need to know. From what to bring; all about the Nepalese Rupee and exchange details; dining; destination info; and more. A closed Facebook page will be created for our group for information sharing and to start our introductions to each other.
RESERVATIONS and PAYMENTS:
ABC Treks (P) Ltd. is the local Nepali company we are contracting with. Upon notification to Rose of the Winds Travel to join the group, an internet secure site link from ABC Treks (P) Ltd. will be provided to make the initial deposit payment and later final payment. Prices are quoted in USD. Exchange rates are based on time of payment. There is a standard 4% Credit Card Service fee charged by ABC Treks (P) Ltd.
LIABILITY: Rose of the Winds Travel and ABC Treks (P) Ltd. act in good faith and cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or schedule changes caused by weather or road conditions, force majeure such as natural catastrophes, strikes or any other irregularities beyond the control of Rose of the Winds Travel and ABC Treks. Luggage is at owner’s risk throughout the tour.
VALIDITY OF PRICES: Any eventual changes in rates will not be made with less than 8 weeks’ notice prior to arrival. Prices are guaranteed against any surcharge after an invoice has been issued unless the increase is due to currency changes and amounts to 5% of the package price or more. The amounts that exceed 5% will be charged and clients will be entitled to cancel their booking with a full refund if the surcharge exceeds 10%. Any increase due to changes in government laws, i.e. tax changes, will be added to the invoice.
Please note: Possible entrance fees to cultural sites are not included. All prices are net prices.
INSURANCE: Please note that individual travel insurance is not included in the tour price and all medical cost and other cost involved are paid by the client. It is therefore strongly recommended that participants acquire personal travel insurance. Rose of the Winds is available to quote Travel insurance for all travelers.
CANCELLATIONS: A non-refundable $325 deposit is due immediately to secure your place on the tour. This tour requires a minimum of 8 for a guaranteed departure. We will notify travelers when the minimum is met and no later than May 1, 2018. If the minimum is not met your deposit will be refunded less $75 to cover clerical costs. Final deposits will be due by June 1, 2018. All Credit card transactions will have a 4% fee added.
CHANGES: We reserve the right to change the hotels and programs.
Our ‘Discover Nepal’ tour package is an intimate travel experience.